Whitworth Scholarship Awards (for undergraduate engineering degree-level courses of any engineering discipline including BEng, MEng and MSc courses) are offered in competition to outstanding engineers:
- who have pursued a vocational training route in an engineering discipline typically for at least 2 years after having left full-time education and before entering a degree-level engineering course.
- who have obtained or will obtain an appropriate qualification for admission to the planned engineering degree-level programme of any engineering discipline.
- who are British, Commonwealth or European Union citizens.
- must have been resident in the UK for at least 3 consecutive years immediately prior to undertaking study in the UK at a College of FE/HE or university.
Whitworth Scholarship Awards are also offered to students who meet the above conditions and:
- are already on an engineering degree-level programme of any engineering discipline, or
- are engineering graduates who wish to further their academic qualifications by completing MSc courses. (Graduates must have pursued a vocational route in an engineering discipline typically for at least 2 years after having left full-time education and before entering a degree-level engineering course.)
ONLY ONE AWARD CAN BE GRANTED TO AN INDIVIDUAL
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers has discretion to vary the conditions of eligibility for potential candidates who have been prevented from complying completely with the conditions attached to the award due to serious illness or other sufficient cause.
Closing date for applications is 30 June each year. (extended to 16 July 2018)
The decision of The Institution of Mechanical Engineers on any matter in connection with the selection, or award or withdrawal of the Scholarships and Awards, shall be final.*